Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Happy Holidays and Post Fed comments

It is time for me to write the final piece for 2008 - I have under the circumstances had excellent year in the fund, but somehow I am totally exhausted watching the S&P go up-and-down 100 points every day.... and today I went to the funeral of my dear friend Jens.....and it made me realise that I need to take some time of - enjoy the good year - and let markets be markets as the "lottery" circus continues into the year-end.

Fed was decisively desperate - "all in" poker style as my friend Jesper calls it....and Bless them, I wish them luck..... hope is good, especially considering the year we are going to face in 2009 with rising unemployment.

I will keep a few positions - would not be able to sleep if not - so.... long puts in STOX50 still, bought some EUR p USD c @ 1.4050 ish today...., and our allocation model still maintains the exposure as stated before.

Finally, let me wish you all a Happy Holiday, may the presents be big and expensive for you all.

Safe Xmas,

Steen

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for your candid and robust commentary through the year Steen - I really enjoy your blog and your irreverent style. I hope you and your family have a great Christmas.


--Q

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas and jolly good new year - prepared on a plunging and skyrocketing gold ;)

MJ

Anonymous said...

Thank you for all your comments throughout the year. "Happy holidays", as they say over here, and best wishes for a prosperous 2009.